Point 5 - Final Track Choice - 'Goodbye My Lover' by James Blunt

Final Track Choice


I have chosen to use ‘Goodbye my Lover’ by James Blunt. I will use his music video edit which at 3:57 is shorter than the full single. 

I have chosen to use this track because I feel that it is a relatable and meaningful song for so many. It portrays a breakup between the artist and a female, and he feels lost without her, and he knows life will never be the same. It contains a level of ambiguity, as many people that listen to the song believe that Blunt is instead grieving over a deceased girlfriend. Therefore, I find myself gifted with the licence to choose which way I want to portray the song in my work. 


I have chosen a track by James Blunt because I believe he is a popular and emotional songwriter. All of his songs are related to a painful ordeal that he has gone through, such as his recent ‘Monsters’, which is about saying goodbye to his exceedingly ill father, and his songs therefore allow listeners to emotionally connect with the work. I like the style of his music videos, and I feel that I can do justice to this particular track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Point 5 - Song shortlist Research

Point 9 - 'Goodbye My Lover' Audience Research

Statement of Intent